home  > Masters

Masters

image: Dryside Training: The IM…
Dryside Training: The IM Dryland Circuit
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 7, 2021 — In this month’s feature, let’s take one exercise for each stroke and develop a strength program for the IM.

5  2  4
image: 50 Swimmers, 6 Medals: T…
50 Swimmers, 6 Medals: Tokyo Olympics Open Water Preview
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 5, 2021 — The Tokyo Olympics will mark the fourth occasion that open water swimming will be contested on the Olympic level, and even a 10km marathon race can bring exciting moments and dramatic finishes.

19  3  11
image: Today in sports history:…
Today in sports history: March 25
THE EAGLE
May 4, 2021 — In 1972, Bill Walton scores 24 points to lead UCLA to an 81-76 victory over Florida State and the NCAA basketball title. See more sports moments on this date:

0  7
image: Hyderabad entrepreneur s…
Hyderabad entrepreneur second woman to swim across Palk Strait
DAILY NEWS
May 4, 2021 — A 46-year-old entrepreneur from Hyderabad, G. Syamala, on Friday swam into the record books as only the second woman to swim across the 30-km Palk Strait that separates India from Sri Lanka. In achieving this feat, Syamala also became the first Telugu woman to not just undertake, but also complete, the daunting task of swimming across the Palk Strait. According to information reaching here, Syamala set out from Sri Lanka at 4.15 am on Friday and reached Dhanushkodi in Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu after swimming for 13 hours and 43 minutes.

1  3  2
image: Takeoff To Tokyo – How I…
Takeoff To Tokyo – How Ireland’s Michelle Smith Became A Poster Girl For Cheating
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 4, 2021 — Ireland’s Michelle Smith—a four-time Olympic medalist in 1996 who received a four-year ban from the sport in 1998 for tampering with a doping sample.

0  6
image: Claire Curzan: No Limits!
Claire Curzan: No Limits!
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 3, 2021 — Claire Curzan: she's versatile, she’s coachable, she has international experience, and she’s moved from a fringe Olympic contender to an Olympic favorite.

10  1  3
image: The NCAA Division II Cha…
The NCAA Division II Champs: Queen’s University of Charlotte
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 2, 2021 — Queens University of Charlotte swept their sixth straight women’s and men’s team titles at the 2021 NCAA Division II Swimming and Diving Championships

0  5
image: A Voice For The Sport: T…
A Voice For The Sport: Thank You, Eddie!
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
May 1, 2021 — Swimming World recognizes Eddie Reese, who retired his 43 year coaching career days after leading the Texas Longhorns to their 15th NCAA Championship win!

6  1  4
image: Q&A with SwimMAC Coach M…
Q&A with SwimMAC Coach Megan Oesting
SWIMMING WORLD NEWS
April 8, 2021 — SwimMAC coach Megan Oesting is a business owner, team founder, USA Swimming select camp coach, empowerment speaker and national age group coach of the year

7  1  7
image: FINIS Smart Goggle, Powe…
FINIS Smart Goggle, Powered By Ciye™
SWIMSWAM
April 6, 2021 — Whether you're a beginner or a competitive swimmer, the FINIS Smart Goggle is the ultimate tool to help you reach your goals and have fun doing it!

1  1  2
FINIS | Introducing the Smart Goggle, Powered by Ciye™

It's here! The Smart Goggle, Powered by Ciye™, is designed to help swimmers improve and meet their fitness goals. The in-goggle display and activity tracker ...

image: Aussie Swimmer With Down…
Aussie Swimmer With Down Syndrome SMASHES 200m Freestyle World Record
97.3FM BRISBANE
March 16, 2021 — An Aussie swimmer has broken the 200m freestyle world record by more than six seconds. 38-year-old Tahnee Afuhaamango was competing in Darwin when she achieved the incredible result. However, it wasn’t until later that day that she realised that she had clocked a time of 3:38:72. Despite the incredible feat, it was Tahnee’s mother, Donna […]
 1  2  1
image: Fast Freestyle Swimming …
Fast Freestyle Swimming Technique
SWIMSWAM
Feb. 18, 2021 — Find out how big of a drastic change in head position makes as we do a side by side by side analysis.
 0  1
Fast Freestyle Swimming Technique - Best Head Position Comparison

At the Race Club we work with a athletes of all ages and abilities. Most swimmers that come to us initially use what we consider a 'high head position'. We...

@SwimXps  Here's the best head position for #swimming fast freestyle

image: Marist Wins Georgia 4-5A…
Marist Wins Georgia 4-5A Title by 2 Points, McFaddin Wins 50 FR/100 FL Double
SWIMSWAM
Feb. 4, 2021 — McFaddin, who will attend Pitt this fall, broke 24 for the first time in the 50 free (23.31), while she dropped just over a second in the fly (54.65).

0  1  2
image: How Does A Masters Swimm…
How Does A Masters Swimmers Do A Comeback For a PR? | Swimmer Strength
SWIMMER'S DAILY
Jan. 27, 2021 — Follow along my journey to a PR after a 9 year break from competitive swimming! I will give you direct insights to my training. Find out why and how I train on land to become faster in the pool!
 0  1
How Does A Masters Swimmers Do A Comeback For a PR? | Swimmer Strength

Follow along my journey to a PR after a 9 year break from competitive swimming! I will give you direct insights to my training. Find out why and how I train ...

This Soap Removes Chlorine