home  > Mind Games

Mind Games

image: The Fearless Mind with P…
The Fearless Mind with Professional Triathlete Angela Naeth - Effortless Swimming
July 5, 2018 — The Fearless Mind with Professional Triathlete Angela Naeth Welcome to this week’s podcast, where I sit down with professional triathlete Angela Naeth to talk about thinking and reflecting on your personal and sporting life. Angela hails from Canada and is a multiple Ironman Champion who holds a Masters degree in Physical Therapy and a Bachelor’s …

image: How to Not Let Expectati…
How to Not Let Expectations Crush You
SWIMSWAM
June 28, 2018 — In this video, I talk about the ways which you can best approach handling expectations so that they don’t crush down on you and negatively affect your ability to perform in the pool.

image: Embracing the Mindset of…
Embracing the Mindset of a Summer League Swimmer
SWIMSWAM
June 26, 2018 — You’re 7 years old, and your alarm sounds at 8:30AM on a sunny summer day. You eagerly hop out of bed, eat a hearty breakfast, grab your swim gear and ride your bike to your local outdoor pool. Pra…

image: How to Mentally Cope wit…
How to Mentally Cope with Races You Fear
SWIMSWAM
June 21, 2018 — There’s no shame or weakness in admitting you fear a particular race. Utilizing ways of coping with races you fear so that you can mitigate that fear and be your best is absolutely essential.

image: Shouts from the Stands: …
Shouts from the Stands: The Reality of Athlete Burnout
SWIMSWAM
June 19, 2018 — SwimSwam welcomes reader submissions about all topics aquatic, and if it’s well-written and well-thought, we might just post it under our “Shouts from the Stands” series. We don’t necessarily endor…

image: What You Believe Will Ma…
What You Believe Will Make You Freeze - Effortless Swimming
June 19, 2018 — This week’s podcast is an informal one; I talk to you about the importance of your beliefs in relation to your mindset. Over time, it has come to my attention that there is something holding back a majority of swimmers, and that is their beliefs. Whether it be something they see another swimmer do and …